Counseling Fees: The fee for your sessions may be determined by many factors. I participate in several insurance panels that may pay for some or all of your counseling services. You might have benefits from an Employee Assistance Program through your place of employment. My standard fee for an in-office session is $125 but subject to the limitations set by contracts with outside payment sources. If you are self-pay and I will not be required to bill your insurance, the discounted rate for a 55-minute in-office session is $95.00.
The fee for tele-counseling depends on the number of consecutive sessions scheduled. A single 20-minute "mini session" is $35; a 40-minute standard session is $70; an extended 55-minute session is $95. Additional 20-minute increments or portions thereof are $35.
All clients are required to have a valid credit card on file with permission for that card to be charged $50 in the event of a same-day cancellation or no-show for a scheduled appointment. Tele-counseling sessions will be charged to the card at the end of the session for the amount due based on the length of the session.
Insurance: I am an in-network provider for the following insurance panels and Employee Assistance Plans:
- American Behavioral Health
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- ESPYR EAP
- Health Advocates EAP
- Integrated Behavioral Health
- LifeScope EAP
- MYgroup (McLaughlin Young EAP)
- Mines and Associates
- Primary Physician Care
- Resources for Living EAP
- Tricare and Tricare Prime
- United Health Care/United Behavioral Health
If you plan to use insurance benefits, please verify your insurance prior to coming to your first appointment. Be sure to ask the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Do I have an Employee Assistance Plan that provides a limited number of sessions at no-cost to me?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- What are the limitations on services?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
It may be helpful to obtain and bring a copy of the coverage information for your insurance carrier (which can usually be obtained from your insurance carrier's on-line portal).
Payment: Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted for payment.
Cancellation Policy: If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified me at least the day before your scheduled appointment that you will not be able to attend, you will be charged a $50 cancellation/no-show fee.
Contact: Questions? Please contact me for further information at 336-338-2011.